Originally Posted By: Cris
So there is a problem with the iPhone 4, how ever the solution is to issue free bits of plastic to every user rather than redesign something that works properly.

If it needs a strip of plastic to work, why doesn't it come with that strip glued in place. One thing I love about this phone is the cool way it looks and feels in the hand, I have never used any form of case on my iPhone and I had hoped I wouldn't have to start now.

Keep the old internal antennas. Change the metal band to a solid cosmetic one instead. Problem solved. iPhone 4.5! wink

Originally Posted By: Cris
Oh well, it's a good job I love this phone so much. My guess to the very low 1.7% return rate is that everyone else working on it at Apple has done such a good job, that despite a pretty big flaw people are willing to live with it if they get to keep their phones.

The low return rate is also because Apple gave indications that it would be fixed by a software update which only just came out. Its whether the return rate goes up now that the fairly useless conference is over that is the important thing.