Quote:
Hope you Froogled and PriceGrabbed the ever-lovin' crap out of your list before paying some of those retail prices...

Not at all. I'm sure that I paid too much. But I got the stuff at a local board shop that was recommended by friends as being the best place to get stuff. The person who sold me the gear was very knowledgable and helpful, and who personally promised me that he would take care of me as a customer (i.e., if the board needs some kind of repair just bring it in and they'll just do it). He wasn't just a salesperson, he actually worked on the boards and seemed to really know his stuff.

There are times when I'm happy to pay a few dollars more, if I'm able to get good advice and service. Doing a bit of online research after-the-fact, it looks like I might have been able to save about $100 or so by ordering the same items online. But with a purchase this large and this important, and especially since I know so little about the gear myself, I think the extra cash for the in-person aspect was worth it.