Quote:
Coming from rentals this is going to happen.

Good to know it's not me. Thanks.

Quote:
What are you going straight for, anyway?

Actually, there's one very long lazy run at the park we were at today... Near the end there is a very long straightaway with a short flat/uphill section. To prevent from having to unclip and hike, I need to keep my speed up through that straightaway, so I can crest the hill.

Quote:
Centered is usually best, 1"-2" back for powder. You can set your bindings back 1" if it feels better, but never forward of center.

Okay, cool. A simple answer after all! Will check the positioning with a tape measure tonight.

Quote:
Do you have a snowboard-specific pair of socks? I have a pair from Fox River and they really help to relieve pressure where it counts. Definately more comfortable after getting a pair of these

No, I don't have anything snowboard-specific. But comfort and pressure in the boots aren't at issue. My feet were very comfortable all day. It was my stance that was killing me.

Quote:
You should probably practice with the stomp pad, everyone else uses one.

Yeah, I've done it enough so that it's not as big of a problem as it used to be. I can usually get off the lift OK on the stomp pad. I just hate that feeling of lack of control I get without that back foot in its real place.

The other thing is, until I get the stance dialed in, I don't want to actually stick the stomp pad onto the board. I want to know where that back binding is going to live before I put the stomp pad in place. So today there was no stomp pad at all on the board.

Quote:
I don't think this is actually a realistic goal.

Well, okay, to clarify:

My goal was that the toe and instep straps would still be at the same adjustment when I stepped back into the binding, as they were when I stepped out of the binding before getting on the lift.

I mean yes, as the day progresses, conditions change, my feet settle into the boots, etc., I'm going to change the strap adjustments. My beef was that the straps were coming fully undone all by themselves, with complete disregard for where I'd put them before.