Quote:
Have skied a fair bit before but I'm gonna try snowboarding this time

Okay, just know this:

Your first few times snowboarding will be completely unproductive, painful, annoying affairs. You will be utterly unable to maintain balance on the board and will spend most of your time trying to get up from a fall.

And on a snowboard, getting up from a fall is an extremely large PITA until after you've done it about a million times and you get the hang of it.

Your first lessons on the board will be your instructor shouting at you to keep your weight on your front foot, and talking about how to carve a proper turn, etc. etc.... And all of that will be mostly a waste. All you're learning at first is the muscle-memory to be able to keep your balance on the board. And that takes a lot of time, a lot of falls, and a lot of patience.

But... Once you're past all that... Snowboarding is incredibly fun. And your skill level starts to go up exponentially. I've both skiied and snowboarded, and I much prefer snowboarding, even though it was a lot harder to learn.

Good luck.

PS: Stay on the groomed part of the runs until you're good at it. If you fall in deep powder with a snowboard, it's more or less impossible to get up without unhooking the board.