Quote:
Quote:
I find positive angle stances help me keep this position, about 24 front and 12 back.

You turn both bindings so that your feet point somewhat forward? I'm so tempted to do this myself because I think I feel more comfortable that way. The guy at the board shop had my back foot slighly backwards and my front foot only about 15 degrees forward. I changed it to 15 and 0, and if that still doesn't feel right tomorrow, I'll turn them both more forward.

Your first stance from the board shop is called duck stance. Many freestyle riders use this because it gives them better control when riding fakie (switch). I don't like it because it throws my carving stance off. Look at the hard boot dudes, they all have extremely positive angles - like 55-60 degrees or more on both feet. It comes down to the type of riding you'll be doing and your personal preference, but for big mountain carving and general downhill riding (not freestyle or halfpipe) postitive angles probably would help.

Check your stance width, too. You probably should center this at first and then adjust it after you've ridden it a while. Most riders I see have their stance too wide - again for freestyle focus, stability on landings, etc.

Quote:
I'm glad I've got my own board and a field adjustment tool, I'm going to enjoy experimenting with different stances.

Just don't mess with it too much all at once, or you get the eye doctor syndrome: "which is better, this or this?", "uhhh.. can't tell the difference".