Quote:
I'm voting for Kerry this year, and unlike others, I won't be holding my nose. While I don't think Kerry is the best man in America for the job (I was hoping Wesley Clark would win the nomination) I think he's a much smarter, decisive, and determined leader than he's been given credit for.

I'll be holding my nose not so much over Kerry, who I don't actively dislike (and his wife is *hot*), but over the Democrats A) willingness to nominate someone who voted for the Iraq War B) focus on "electability" while ignoring principals and C) their stupid inability to see the Swift Boat Veterans for Rove coming. Kerry was the "safe" choice.

I wish Wes Clark was the candidate ...for Vice President. The Kerry campaign may accidentally pull a miracle out of some hat -- a lot of bad juju can happen in October, the traditional month of surprises -- but I think Dean/Clark or even Edwards/Clark would have been in a better position right now. If Bush wins, history will show that began when the Clark campaign took aim at Dean in Iowa. IMHO.

Quote:
I just think he's run an atrocious campaign, not uncommon for someone's first time around, and especially against an incumbent in such a divided voting base. Kerry has had his work cut out for him, and has not risen to the challenge of defeating the Republican attack machine that's so good at dividing the voters and discrediting the opposition. Kerry and his people, I'm afraid, are no good at playing dirty politics.

Dirty politics aside, it would help if Kerry had a solid leg to stand on. On the #1 issue of the day, he has effectively neutered himself.

Quote:
CBS deserves to lose every viewer they have for running with this story. The Democrats, to their credit, didn't latch onto it too strongly, not nearly as strongly as the Bush people latched onto the Swift Boat Veterans for "Truth." But they also have done a terrible job of responding to those attacks, and an even worse job of proving that the Bush campaign has nothing else to stand for except attacking Kerry's Vietnam service. (And if you think Rove isn't attached to those Swift Boat clowns, I've got a bridge to sell you.)

Isn't it tough? There are times I want the Dems to be more ruthless, but then they would be just like...them. Maybe they could just be a little smarter? A little more gumption? The last Democrat I really cared about was George McGovern. And what did we get?

Quote:
I think we'll get a much better picture for who's best to lead this country. I have no question that Kerry has the better ideas, and the wherewithal to execute them... Unfortunately, I don't have nearly as much faith in his ability to win an election in a voting base that's so brainwashed by the best dirty politicians in America.

On some level, some of us look forward to the debates, but I don't know that the tightly controlled format will be of benefit to Kerry. Bush has surprised before in debates for governor of Texas. He may not be very bright, but he can get his lines right in controlled circumstances.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.