I have to agree with most people on this thread. I'm not happy with the text visual at startup. I would find my self searching for a visual as i'm pulling out of my driveway.

Can we make this an option in emplode, "start up visual = ?"

Here's a suggestion: Have the text info apear at the first 5 seconds of the song, then go into the visual. This would also help the problem with burning a hole in the screen, AND help with the safty because you're not switching text on and off to see what you're listening to.

I know this should be in the "suggestion" area, but i thought it would pertain to this thread:
( 2 suggestions ) - (1) show the datarate of the mp3 on the text screen, have it scroll along with the song title and artist. AND show the current playlist. The current playlist can be displayed as the song title, and artist scrolls, or in a corner of the full scren text info visual. (2) For a visual, have the full screen text info WITH a small moving visual at the top or bottom, like a simple level meter. My Sony MiniDisc has one. The little squares at the bottom of the screen are there to show you record levels, and that music is coming out. It can be a few rows of pixles at the top, or on the side.

-CHiP