Rob, I just wanted to chime in here and offer some words of encouragement.

Reading the rest of this thread, I'm kind of surprised. I thought the existing owners had a pretty good relationship with Empeg. I knew this change would have an impact, I just didn't know everyone would get so hot-under-the-collar over it.

What surprises me the most is that everyone else didn't see it coming a long way off. I predicted it a long time ago. "Litigious Society" comments aside, it seems like a perfectly logical feature.

To Rob: Don't let the negative comments dissuade you. You've been doing a great job by keeping the customer relations positive. Your company will be successful if you can continue this. Keep the faith (and keep listening to the customers, even if it means having to tell them "no").

To everyone else: I understand why you are unhappy with the feature, but please try to understand that Empeg has little choice in the matter. Anyway, it's all in software, and you've all seen how refinements in the software can improve the product. Maybe, if you're really nice, they'll consider altering the button-press structure to allow easier vis-switching, or give you a config.ini option. So try not to start a flame war over it.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144