If you can't provide that option because of legal constraints, can a third party provide it as a small add-in program? Here in the States, we are required by law to have air-bags. We can, however, have a switch installed to turn off the passenger side air-bag if we so desire. All I want is the equivalent in the config.ini file.

Actually, my Jeep came with that option built into it. Passenger side air-bags are required here, as you said, but can even be more dangerous than NOT having them in the passenger seat in the event of an accident depending on if you have small children, etc in the passenger seat. So Jeep decided to install a "air bag kill" switch. It's even documented in the owner's manual about how to disable the driver's side airbag as well, plus has a disclaimer in there regarding it.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, so I'm still a bit fuzzy on it all, but what was the rationale behind NOT putting an option to disable this feature in emplode, with big red blinking letters saying "YOU CANNOT SUE US" if need be if you click on it? Or even better, putting a config.ini option requiring you to knowingly go in, install the developer image, mount the drive read-write, and go edit (create) a file specifically for the purpose of disabling the feature? It seems to me that would be MORE than enough protection from the masses who are sue-happy, but then again, I'm not a lawyer.

To empeg: If this has been such a big deal, why has it taken 8 months for this feature to be implemented? It seems that you would have wanted to protect yourself from the very beginning.

I can understand both sides of the argument. As an owner of the empeg, it is a little annoying, but not earth-shattering. But as a business not wanting to get their pants sued off should an unfortunate accident happen and they try to find a "scapegoat" this can also be understood.

Rock on with your bad selves, empeg!

(O|||||O)

...who cares about looking at visuals when you're careening down a 45 degree hill dodging rocks, trees, and small furry animals? Right JeepBastard? 8)