I very much doubt that this feature will be removed (unless there was a test case that removed responsibility from the manufacturer on this issue).

I know everyone thinks they can run a business better than the people that are actually doing so (I'm just the same with other companies) but real world companies with lawyers and investors have certain responsibilities. Empeg is run to make a profit - sure we all have a lot of fun doing so, but if the company were crushed by legal expenses this would be a bad thing for everyone. Would you invest in a company which gambled needlessly with such issues?

I would concede that this functionality could be mildly inconvenient (takes me about 3 or 4 seconds before a journey to switch to visuals - or, more often, to Now & Next) but that's life. It's still a lot less hassle than juggling with hundreds of CD's, which would be the option if the empeg were removed from the market.

I think everything that can be said has been said, so unless something new comes up I'll bow out of this thread now. It's not like we have the option of changing it anyway.

Rob