This will probably be my last post in this thread, although I guess the subject matter will be debated for some time yet..

So on to the subject of this post, Some Observations...
If you look at my posts, I've tried to rationalise why the feature change has annoyed me, and I've tried to be constructive. With that in mind...

Rob, Hugo, Mike and co.. Nowhere have I tried to tell you how to run your company, you've been doing a fine job, as I have a mark one in my hands... However, just because most of the stuff you do is great (and you receive a harty pat on the back from me and almost everyone here for your hard work and customer service) doesn't mean we have to _agree_ with every decision (we are all individuals, right?).
I'm surprised that any slight negative critisism has such a reaction from the regulars, and if all a company receives is praise for the good stuff, they'll never know what they can improve. We all want the empeg to be the best product it can, which is why we've spent hours testing, breaking and enjoying it, and you've spent years developing, reacting to us and fixing it.

I know that empeg is a for profit company, who have to answer to people such as lawyers and shareholders, nobody has disputed that. Also everyone knows you have to protect yourselves from idiots with a lawyer (or is that idiot lawyers) who wouldn't know common sense if they drove into it...
We are all used to seeing disclaimers on things, and all I and others have asked for is a way to agree to this disclaimer so we can continue to enjoy the use of our empegs in the most user friendly way.
I fail to see how forcing someone to press an additional button (or without the remote, several) is legally a better defence than forcing them to agree to a disclaimer to turn the feature off, but that's not for me, or you to decide, it's one for the lawyers and litigators, and If you've already spoken to them, (or quite likely you want to avoid talking to them) you're hardly going to want to go through the time and expense for such a minor (relatively speaking) change.

I'm not expecting a reply, and I doubt you'll want to read more drivel from me, but this is one of those things like the copyright warnings on dvd's that you have to sit through, or the sony boot up screen on the playstation that assumes you are going to pirate everything... It's not the end of the world that you have to sit through it, but you'd like to turn it off (right?)

So I hope we can continue to suggest improvements, and where they fit into your project plan, that you will respond to them...

I leave with the senario that brought about my involvement in this whole issue (as for some sick reason I want to justify my points on this)
Over here (Guernsey) the average journey is quite short... Quite often this is the average day...
Get in the car, drive to work (switch visuals on)
Go home for lunch (switch visuals on)
Go to the garage for petrol (switch visuals on)
Go back to work (switch visuals on)
Go Home (switch visuals on)
Go fetch mates to go to the pub (switch visuals on)
Go home from the pub (switch visuals on) dropping mates off and sometimes going in for a coffee (the switch visuals on again on the way home)
Times that by 6 days a week (with small variations) and you see why it's suddenly a big issue (at least for me).

I've said my piece, and sorry if it's sounding like a broken record, but this is the first real issue on this board where we as a community have disagreed strongly, and it probably won't be the last, please don't take it the wrong way... =)

Jazz
(List 112, S/N 00030, 4 gig blue)
Jazz (List 112, Mk2 42 gig #40. Mk1 4 gig #30. Mk3 1.6 16v)