You misunderstood me! I was shocked and surprized at this turn of events BECAUSE you guys don't have a "corporate stench" (big grin) I really like most of what you have done. This is the first thing that I really disagree with on your product. (Well, second. I listen to AM too, but can live without it. No AM was a technical decision.)

As soon as I read about having to turn on the visuals every time the system boots I envisioned exactly what Jazzwire described. This is what I was talking about when I said I refuse to buy anything that is in my opinion UNREASONABLY crippled or ANNOYING due to laywers.

I hope you show your lawyers the post by ClemsonJeep describing the steps one would go through to edit the config.ini file. That, along with a disclaimer in both the manual and the config.ini file should satisfy them.

You would be amazed at the number of companies that have products with "no user serviceable parts inside" that will send you some of those parts when you start making noise about them letting the lawyers run the company. In the past few months I have talked to the presidents of four different companies about "stupid lawyer tricks" and have been successful with 3 of them. The other, Bunn, a maker of coffee machines has lost my business because they wouldn't sell two washers to repair a machine I bought a few years ago. They still make the exact same model, and they confirmed that they do have repair parts, just not for sale. They wouldn't even tell me a supplier and part number! They wanted me to send it in for repair for about the same cost of buying a new, competing product. Their loss, I now own the competing product.

Stan