Rob said "Speaking personally, my mind turns off when I see people saying how disgusted they are..."

I said I was disgusted not because of what Empeg did -- but because of WHY it was done and HOW it was implemented. I don't like the fact that I will have to toggle something everytime I hop in the car just because some moron might sue a company for something that isn't the company's fault. What did I do to deserve the extra steps. Even if it's an extra 1-7 seconds per trip it's still an annoyance and it CAN be avoided...

I also said I was disgusted to make it very clear how unhappy I was with the present solution -- in the hope that someone would stop, think about it, and consider alternatives. "I'm not happy with this implmentation" was not strong enough to capture the feeling. "Disgusted" was the right word. Know that it's not targetted at the company -- but at the REASONS why the functionality changed on the Empeg.

If I'm happy with something I voice it -- usually with much strength. The same goes for when I'm displeased with something. I think I've given a LOT of positive feedback to both Empeg and potential new owners in my area. Now there's a new implementation whose effect could be easier on the owners and I made one vocalization of displeasure (a strong one). That's certainly not wrong. And I'm glad it was noted. Now my hope is that something constructive results from the time spent by both me (and others) who took the time to tell Empeg how they felt.

It's hardware/software. Empeg can't please everyone. Empeg MUST protect itself. It -IS- a delicate balance. Contributing feedback -- good or bad -- that has a bearing on the balance I just mentioned is what being a beta owner is about.

Hopefully Rob, Hugo, and other Empeg owners on this forum can see past the complaint, itself, and realize that it stems from something none of us likes.

I don't think this thread has become over-reactionary at all; I think it's been a much-needed reality check. With all the positive feedback there will always be some negative feedback. The positive outweighs the negative manyfold for this company and this piece of hardware. The implementation that people don't like is new and certainly isn't be perfect. I trust that Empeg will work to bring it to a state that both it and its users consider as close to perfect as one can get -- given all the constraints (time, resources, legal concerns, etc) involved.

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca