Sorry, thought I posted a link earlier. number6 is right, if you just search for 60A you'll get all of the different variations, all "out of stock", and half of them labeled wrong. The 60A18-*s have detents in the optical encoder (like the Empeg's), whilst the 60A08-*s turn smoothly, despite what the descriptions say.

The one I got is 60A18-4-020C, which means it's got a 2" cable and a funky connector on it. Since no source of a matching connector was immediately available I just cut it off, yielding the same thing as a 60A18-4-020S, which is what I should have ordered in the first place (maybe a longer cable).

I've got the L/R and U/D signal to separate bits circuitry working with a NOT gate, 2 transistors, 2 resistors, and 2 pots. There's probably a better way to do it if you know what you're doing, but this works once you tweak the pots for your transistors.

So if we can get 25 or more together I'll buy a batch. If you're interested, please email how many you'd want to joystick@applesolutions.com