Ok, my machine must have some really advanced AI as it's started shutting itself down since last night (in protest?), just a day after I made an inquiry here about what motherboard I might consider replacing the current one with.

This is definitely going to accelerate my plan to buy a new mobo, CPU and RAM, unfortunately at a very inconvenient time. Busy and of course tight on budget during the holidays.

Anyway, I looked in Event viewer and found nothing at all around the time the machine shut itself down. It's done this at least twice in the past 24 hours. When i got up this morning it was off and it just shut down again 10 minutes ago.

This machine is a PVR and music server, so it needs to be running all the time. Something it's been able to do without an issue in the past 12 months. The only two changes I've made are to update to a new nightly of Slim Center and I've changed the UI layout presentation within SageTV.

I'd have an easier time believing SageTV has something to do with it than my minor UI change in SageTV, but neither of these really strike me as the type of change that would bring upon this kind of symptom.

I'd like to try to make sure this doesn't happen anymore until I can swap out the components. Since I'm changing the mobo I'll no doubt have to completely reinstall XP which also means reinstalling SageTV, so that's something that's going to take the better part of a day which I'll have to schedule.

Any insights?