As reported previously in Matt's Shuttle thread, one of the new replacement Ballistics modules died while running at its recommended (and supposedly tested) settings last month.

Yesterday night the second stick finally bit the bullet while running at even lower (safer) settings of 800Mhz.

Bottom line is that Crucial do test these parts for overclocked performance to achieve a DDR2-1066 rating, but the modules are just poor quality crap and they will all fail eventually. One needs only to read the reports on the net of widespread failure of these Ballistix modules.

Taking Crucial up on their warranty is a waste of time, money for shipping and also potential data loss when the replacements fail again. This stick is going to get snapped in half just like the last one.

They're being replaced with Kensington DDR2-800 (on-spec 1.8v parts).

I'm also thinking of replacing the mobo next month with a Gigabyte P45 that features two GigE LAN ports and a good number of PCIe and PCI slots. It doesn't have built-in video so I'll have to toss a cheap $30 video card on it. I do wish more systems had built-in video. It's a waste of slots and money to put a video card into a system that's going to be a server. Seems like everything with built-in video is MicroATX and lacking in the slot department.