Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I'm not certain if I have to set the voltage to 2.0v to get the 533. They're separate settings in the BIOS, I haven't tried setting only the clock.

To get the rated speed you have to run it at the specified settings including voltage.

On the Crucial site, out of 23 reviews the average rating is 2/5. Lots of people mentioning errors and BSOD. Great. MOst people claiming they can run relatively error free at 400MHz.

Online ratings/reviews are skewed towards the bad side anyway. The posters aren't running it at the specified voltage but still at the higher speed/timings.

This is starting to seem like under-spec memory being falsely advertised as higher-end parts. Not cool to advertise DDR2-800 as DDR2-1066.

No. You bought RAM which tested by the manufacturer to run reliably at modified settings/voltages. If you don't run the RAM at the specified settings then you won't get the rated speeds.

If you bought a regular stick of DDR2-800 would you complain that it won't run properly at 1.2V and it crashes lots? You bought a stick of DDR2-1066 that required 2.0V for DDR2-1066 operation. Pay more and you get a stick of DDR2-106 that runs at 1.8V for DDR2-1066 operation.