Before heading down the RMA route I did a bit more searching... Came across a few people that also had errors only after crashes. And some other people with occasional errors.

Lots of people in these search results seem to be using Crucial Ballistix memory. Made me a little worried. More than a few also with ASUS mobos.

Anyway, based on some info I decided to check the timings and voltage of the memory. FIrst I checked to see if the options existed in my BIOS. They did, I had to turn off a couple of AUTO settings to be able to set mem voltage to 2.0 and timings to 5,5,5,15.

I then set it back to AUTO because I realized I hadn't checked what the system was reporting it had been automatically set to. Memtest reported that the memory timings were 5,5,5,18 but I didn't look elsewhere on how to check what the voltage was.

So now I'm running with the specs of the actual modules manually set for the mobo. 2.0v and 5,5,5,15. CPU settings are still set to AUTO.

I'll give this a few days. This brings me back to one of my original points. What kind of POS mobo requires you to make manual memory settings to maintain stability? ASUS=POS.

Oh, I'm also currently running Prime95 trying to stress the system with a pair of blended tests