I knew I'd get hammered for saying things were ok.

Not more than 30 minutes after posting, SageTV quit out. I went to the system and it was still up and running. Trying to start Event Viewer produced an error. Starting a few other apps produced similar errors. I restarted the system via Windows shut down menu and immediately booted into Memtest.

Continuous errors reported. It was climbing into the thousands and the bottom of the screen was solid red and scrolling non-stop.

Turned off the system at the PSU for 10 seconds and restarted. Now it ran for a couple of minutes with only two errors reported. Shut it down the same way for 10 minutes and now there are no errors reported.

WTF. It seems that these memory errors only happen after running Windows (and some software) for a day or so.

What can I do here other than just buying a completely new system (and putting a fresh copy of Windows on it)? I don't even know how I'm going to file warranty claims on any of the hardware I have now because I can't prove definitively that any single piece fails at any specific time. frown