My only slowdown right now in setting up the Shuttle for Sage is that the system has only a singe PCI slot - which was occupied by a SCSI card to run the boot drive and CDROM. So, to clear out that slot I had to swap in a new boot drive and optical drive, which means I have to also install Windows onto that new drive.

Unfortunately I my car is awaiting some repairs, otherwise I would have gone out already and picked up another spare mobo and memory which I'd use in the original system while sending the current parts off for repair/replacement.

I ran the memtest on a single dimm for an hour and have just now put back the previously removed module and started another test round. I'll run it the whole day if necessary to see at which point in time it starts to show failures.

Everything always comes at just the right moments in time too. I leave for Vegas at 7am and should be using this time to get together stuff I need to pack as well as practicing some flash and umbrella photo techniques in preparation for some photos I need to take on the weekend. Not to mention putting up an out of office notice on my site, doing some last minute shipments and preparing some auto-responders.

Edited by hybrid8 (08/04/2009 13:04)