The other 4 I have on my list are Algeria, Qatar, Indonesia, and Nigeria. This is based on the number of Al Qaeda members who have been found hiding in these countries, training in these countries, etc.

But surely by that criteria you should add the UK, US and Germany to name but three. All three have had Al Qaeda members living and training in them for extended periods.

On Algeria and Indonesia; I was under the impression that both these countries were busy fighting terrorism internally, not sponsoring it ?

Your list might vary, but I would think you'd at least look for something more recent than April 2001 on which to base that list.

I take your point about the age of the list and I did look for something more recent, but couldn't find anything. The only thing that I have heard the US government say about countries that have state sponsored terrorism since was the silly "axis of evil" thing trying to bundling Iraq, Iran and North Korea together.

Axis:

"An alliance of powers, such as nations, to promote mutual interests and policies."

Which I really don't think comes close to the reality of the situation.