Sometimes I think that the whole gas-guzzling thing is just a red-herring. Why are people really so pissed about SUVs? Is it because they feel jealous of people that own them? Because they feel unsafe driving in traffic with them? Or possibly because they once knew somebody they didn't like that drove one.

I think the biggest reason people hate SUVs is because they believe they are pretentious, a flagrant display of wealth in, what they believe to be, a ridiculous useless fashion. If it is for some reason besides gas mileage, get to the point. The extra money I spend on gas comes out of my pocket, not yours/

How many of the people complaining about SUVs drive the new hybrids? Always turn off the lights? Turn the thermostat way up in summer and way down in winter? Install a 3/4 gallon toilet? Watersavers on their sinks and showerheads?

Do you buy products that come in tons of packing material? Do you donate to greenpeace, the sierra club, or another environmental advocacy group? Do you recycle everything you can, even if it means going out of your way?

If you can't answer yes to all those questions, why not try to change your own environmentally-harmful behavior before trying to tell other people how to live their lives...
[/rant]

I don't mean this as a personal attack on anybody here and do not want to start a flamewar. Everybody here has been civil at least. I am just getting fed up with all the BS I keep hearing.

-Biscuits