My G/F loves her SUV, why? Cause it can fit 7 comfortably, can haul a metric ton of crap, it's easier to get into, safer if there is an accident, all this, and it handles better than any minivan. I like my Mustang. Why? Because I like sports cars, and at this point in my life, it's about as much as I can justify spending on one. There are many many times we HAVE to take her car because mine is simply out of the question. If we have to take say, 6 people downtown, I can only fit 2 people in my car. It'll hold four, but the back seat is REALLY there more for decoration, as only people under 5' could possibly be comfortable for more than 3 minutes at a stretch. Given that fact, in those circumstances, we would normally have had to take 2 cars, possibly 3. Gas mileage differences pretty much go out the window there. Yesterday, I needed a full sheet of MDF board. I can just see me trying to drive down the interstate with my hand sticking out the window trying to hold a 4x8 piece of wood to the roof. In other words, not everyone lives in the city, where there is no reason to own an SUV. Down near me, It's a matter of personal preference and needs. And don't say truck. If there's any type of vehicle I'll never own again, it's a truck.