I use my Mustang to get from Point A to Point B. I don't speed, and I don't race. I got it because I prefer rear-wheel drive, and like the way it handles. It also looks good and was affordable.

I'm not even going after the gas mileage issue, so there are no tables to be turned here. If you read my post, my main problem is the things are so damn tall and people who drive them think they can drive like idiots. Before SUV's were all over the road, the people who drove large vehicles (trucks, vans, etc) were generally capable of driving them, because they needed to drive them. Now that SUV's have come along, everyone drives them, even people who can't. They're higher up, and they think that because they're bigger and higher, they know if they get in an accident, they're less likely to be killed.

Look, you and your SUV and your jet ski are fine, as long as you're not one of the aforementioned people who can't drive. Like I said, my solution is not to abolish SUV's, it's to put them in their own lanes. You'll just have to swim with the "big boys" including the oil tankers and beer trucks, though.