Just to weigh in here, I'd only recently heard that there were people who didn't like SUV's. I laughed out loud until I realized this was a genuine sentament. I suppose living in Texas has kind of isolated me from those opinions because here if you didn't like big cars (trucks), you certainly wouldn't talk about it. I think when you first move here you have to not only buy a truck, but having an oponion about which kind (Ford, Chevy, or Dodge mostly) is superoir is required to stay at any length.

It is funny that every third vehicle I see in Texas ISN"T an SUV or truck (I'd say 2 out of 3 ARE), and I'd never even thought about it before I started hearing this about people not liking SUVs. Around here just about everyone has one and wouldn't think living without a big "Family" vehicle. I realize people used to use big sedans etc. but SUVs just seem to be the ticket here.

As for my wife and I, I have a mustang and she has a Ford Escape (which is actually more car than SUV). She loves it though and we use the heck out of the thing. She's told me, however, that when we have kids she'll want to upgrade.

Edited by FerretBoy (14/01/2003 05:53)