Actually you are right. I could be driving something other than an SUV but I don't like the alternatives. As far as mother earth is concerned, my voting record and advocacy for the environment is something I'm proud of. I'm outspoken about many issues concerning pollution and the destruction it's amassed, I'm very angry at the way our government is dismantling the environmental protections that have slowly been built in recent years. I have great and grave concerns for our future. My only disagreement is the targetting of SUVs and SUV drivers as the "evildoers" of our society. SUV and their drivers are being targetted by religious groups, vandals, governemt agencies and others as a scapegoat IMO while SO many other groups of rampant pollutors go unnoticed by the people and press. Most of the energy to educate is being lauched against SUVs. I think the owners factories, strip mines, lubmer companies, etc are sitting back and having a good laugh because there is no focus on them. I get the feeling that campaigning against SUVs allows people to feel like they are doing their part for our environment/future while frankly SUVs are a drop in the bucket of the problems we face.