Did anyone catch the one-time palm Pre commercial last night on the new Jimmy Fallon show? It was co-hosted by the editor-in-chief of Engadget, one of Palm's new PR companies. Most people know it as a gadget blog, but that's just a cover.

This comment (from Engadget) was the only one I saw during a quick scan which hit the nail on the head:
Quote:
I'm not american so I'm not used to such shows... Are you paid by Palm for this? Such "interviews" are better for them than a commercial.

You have to be deluded to think that payola ever went away from the airwaves or that it hasn't always been a part of (some) online tech coverage.

On a related note, Palm put out an official retraction of the comments by McNamee about how the Pre will do compared to the iPhone as well as some additional CYA points. Specifically items 8 and 9 of their "Free Writing Prospectus" are noteworthy. I suppose they don't want to get their arses sued by their shareholders when they can't live up to what could have been considered official promises/statements by the company.

Edited by hybrid8 (10/03/2009 15:34)