The Pre is out over here this month. On O2 again (like the iPhone was originally) so it's automatically a no go for me. Assuming I'm around long enough then I think I'll grab a 4th gen iPhone on Orange next year.

I find it hard to think the Pre would get a foothold over the iPhone unless it was made 'considerably' cheaper than an iPhone.

Just walking round Manchester on an average day I'm amazed at the number of iPhone users of all types, from the people you'd expect like Hoxton'ites and students to business men and women who'd you would usually expect to have Blackberry's.

I watched an interesting documentary on iPlayer yesterday about the 'upgrade' culture we have today. The presenter went to a school and asked a bunch of kids what the one gadget they'd love to own and every kid said they wanted an iPhone.

Personally I could easily see myself with an Android phone (it's certainly better than my HTC winmo phone, which is currently broken). But I'm pretty sure the Pre is likely to be fairly unpopular, especially since the iPhone is going cross carrier.

Andy M