Quote:
Quote:
Big Deal! I want to see real achievements, like establishing a stabilised government in the mess called Iraq.

I wasn't alive at the time, but from what I've read it took longer than two or three years in Japan and Germany following WW2 to establish self-sustaining governments. Especially in Germany, "insurgent" attacks were quite common. I can even dig up some New York Times editorials from the time that claim how Germany was a "quagmire". My fear is that many of the people who opposed the war don't want to see success in Iraq and often ignore any successes that have happened there. Doing so would mean a Bush accomplishment and that would ruin the whole effect of someone's "cough" web site. Hopefully you're not in that crowd, but how odd it must be to wake up in the morning knowing that you're wishing for the same outcome as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

you're not going to find many "liberals" who don't want Bush to pull it out and fix things. you also won't find many who think he will. I don't want what al-Zarqawi does. But from here it certainly looks like it could turn into another Vietnam with another fall of Saigon in a few years.