Quote:
I'm not really sure quite how it's ironic at all (because of your implied connection to neo-Nazism?)

Yes. This was all brought up because someone got so defensive over the term "liberal" and thought I was using as some sort of attack. We're getting WAY off subject here: Dr. Rice.

Quote:
It seems to me it's kind of like being devoted to North Carolina or Michigan or whereever you grew up.

Actually, very few Jews from that time grew up in what is now Israel I imagine. Everytime I read or learn more about how the UK and US started that whole mess by promissng this and that, I cringe.

Quote:
All I can do is wait it out and try to convince people how much in opposition to this country's founding principles our current administration is, so we can get a good, solid LIBERAL in office next year.

Did you use "founding principles" and "LIBERAL" in the same sentence? ? ? That's it. I officially blame this whole mess on the "Founding Fathers" for not being more specific!

Quote:
I'm damned proud to be a liberal, and if someone tries to insult me by calling me one, he's done a piss-poor job of it.

Well, I'm glad to know that you're not one of the (hopefully few) liberals who want to equate their "struggle" with the Limbaughs of the world with slavery of the civil rights struggle!

I even have a few friends that are liberals. I even invited one to my house once. Well, we actually just worked together at the same job.