Quote:
Maybe you're just not very good an doing research? I don't think _ww.KKK.com qualifies as a "secret little club" as you put it Brad.

First off, I'm not really sure how any of this came up. I'll need to re-read some of the first page posts. My point was simply that from the news reports I read every day (usually Reuters, AP or my local news feeds that get sent to my home page everyday) I see far more violence conducted against Jews in Europe (France in particular) than I do in the US.

Yes, the KKK have a web site. So does my neighbor's kid's band. Probably about as sophisticated. I think that doing a LexisNexis (or however you spell it) news seach would be more insightful than seeing who has a web page.

But the point is, the KKK is a joke. Ever since they lost in civil court (and IIRC a black woman who lost her son to KKK violence was awarded all of their property) the KKK is limited to Jerry Springer episodes and getting spit on while trying to be included as part of some city's local parade.

And I didn't look into that www .americannazi. com link, but I did see in the news yesterday they are wanting or did adopt some local road. Yep, they're striking fear into the hearts of litterbugs! Again, these people are a joke. Does that mean that we should condemn them or keep an eye on them? Absolutely not.

Quote:
And by the way, maybe I'm wrong, but I think "neo-" also goes quite nicely with:

-lithic
-classical
-futurist
-phyte
-tropical
-impressionism
-natal

Again, this was a minor side comment I made and I think we're wasting time discussing it when we're supposed to be talking about how Dr. Rice is a parrot for President Bush (oops, I mean for the people who are secretly running the White House through the conduit of President Bush), however I clearly said that the "casual observor" might make that association. I also said that those two terms were the only two that have been popularized. Not only do none of your excellent finds have anything to do with politics, I doubt that the average person is well versed in neophyte religious studies.

Quote:
But I quess you're right. If you do nothing but watch US broadcast media for your information, you might not have beenexposed to some of those.

Perhaps you'd prefer I Tivo the BBC or CBC broadcasts? Lots of documentaries on neoimpressionism that I'm missing out on? Perhaps a new reality show on neolithic studies that's all the rage?

Quote:
No offense Brad, you've always seemed like a pretty decent fellow, but you're coming off as someone who seems like he has a bit of a martyr complex going on. If you're the only one who's right, does it matter if everyone is going to "gang up on you" as you expect? Can't you just prove everyone is wong with carefully researched examples?

Martyr complex? I give a knowing wink to Jim about how I know I'm going to get out numbered on this and you think I'm trying a whole "pitty me" routine? I was simply stating that I know I have the minority view on these boards but I still enjoy debate - even if I get out numbered sometimes. I think the only time that I've even got offended here is when I read that someone here had a small view of anyone that was religous and I knew that it included me. Yeah, that hurt, but I just took a break from Off Topic and got over it. I'm sorry if I give you the impression that I saw myself as some sort of David vs. Goliath here.

And thanks. You're um.. decent too.