Quote:
"Lost cause" means that there really isn't any chance of changing some people's minds because they are so obviously entrenched in their views.

You woldn't, just as a test, for a moment entertain an idea that this might describe you or indeed any other conservative, would you?

Quote:
Most of us simply say, "I disagree with you, but I respect you." I don't think Jim and I could be more politically opposite with one another, but I deeply respect him and think he's an intelliegent guy. That isn't to say he doesn't make my blood boil sometimes, but I'm not going to let politics get in the way of my view of a person.

And that's why I am puzzled at your insulted response at someone here saying he considered you a decent guy. Perhaps we have different ideas on nuances of meaning of 'decent' - my English highschool training was in British English and there slightly understated compliments were preferred.

Speaking of blood boiling, it is good that I currently don't share my appartment with anyone - no one to doubt my mental health as I shout at invisible Brad, not understanding how he doesn't see things that are plain as day...

Quote:
Hopefully you're not in that crowd, but how odd it must be to wake up in the morning knowing that you're wishing for the same outcome as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Do you realize how insultig this is? Do you really?

I have seen this exclusive claim to patriotism before: by right-wing, nominally ultra-nationalist thieves we had in power here in Croatia some years ago. I remember the rage with which I listen to their denounciations as 'unpatriotic' (understanding exact terms require good knowledge of local circumstances) of anybody remotely critical of their policy or plundering. I understand the thinking half* of America very well.

*) 'Thinking', not 'intelligent'. Others are not stupid, just lazy. Did I return the insult by this? Perhaps. But that pretty much describes how I saw it at home and how I see it in America.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue